It’s been a horrendously busy time for me at work lately and I think the tech gods are mad at me because it seems like this week in particular is trying to kill me. However- just because I am busy at work doesn’t mean I don’t have few things ping around my brain like lugnuts during a green flag pit stop:
1. Planning to be at the Aspen Dental Dirt Derby (previously known as the MudSummer Classic) at Eldora Speedway in Ohio next week to watch the CWTS on dirt? Looking to do some good and kill some time before the feature? Join the Tony Stewart Foundation’s Guinness Book Of World Records attempt at the Largest Game of Heads Or Tails! Register now for $10 to ensure your spot in the game. Proceeds will assist the foundation’s grant program! There some pretty awesome prizes if you end up as one of the top ten people lasting the longest in the game plus all registered contestants will get a commemorative bandanna (you can also donate and get a bandanna if you can’t be there)! Check out the Tony Stewart Foundation’s Flip It For Good page for more information and to register:
2. Here is a great article from National Speed Sport News on what Tony Stewart deems as his “Personal Hell Week” (but it sounds like he also loves it) but check out what the next week to ten days are going to be like in the life of Tony Stewart. I just have one question…when does he sleep? Give it a read and if you can figure out when he does…let me know.
3. Bristol Motor Speedway’s tribute to Tony Stewart is awesome:
4. Congratulations to Kyle Busch who won Best Driver in the 2016 Espys! He had some stiff competition in the best driver category going up against IRL Scott Dixon, F1 champion Lewis Hamilton, this year’s Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi and tNHRA Pro Stock champion Erica Enders-Stevens.
5. It’ll be the 14th by the time I get this to post- so I hope that everyone is taking part in the #SupportSmokeChallenge by posting their selves on social media in their Tony Stewart garb! I am usually better at reminding you all that it’s the 14th coming up and I am sorry. I posted my pic– but I am not in Tony garb as I had a meeting today with my boss- but the one I did post shows I still show my Tony love at work even when I am not sporting it on my clothing!
6. Here is a video of Tony Stewart talking about racing, his foundation and featherlite transporters after touring the Featherlite plant:
10. If you are looking for a laugh- check out Nascarcasm’s latest slide show: Chase Elliot Is Way To Hard On Himself. It made me LOL- especially that last one Clyde!
The Gratuitous Tony Stewart:
A TBT to last year’s brickyard:
And a TBT to last year’s MudSummer Classic at Eldora:
Previous Loose Lugnut’s post.